Pages

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Short Hours :: A Finished Quilt

We had a wonderful Father's Day.  Here is my hubby and son sharing the special day together.


I've finished up the Short Hours quilt too. This is a traditional quilt pattern called hour glass and I just loved making it with my scraps from my Swooning Picnic Quilt.  The array of colors makes this a really fun little girl's doll quilt or baby girl bassinet quilt.


Again I quilted using simple straight lines through each little block.  I love my walking foot, it never gives me trouble and always does a nice job.  


 I grabbed the left over yardage for the backing and some binding.  I hand stitched the binding closed this time.  Thought it'd be a fun hand project and it was.  *Little tip, use hand quilting thread, not the regular cotton thread used for the machine.  Hand quilting thread is stiffer and doesn't tangle or knot as easily.  I finished it in no time at all.  I like the way it appears seamless on the back.  Maybe this will become a new habit...maybe.

My supply of this fabric collection is very slim now.  But thats okay, I've now got room for new prints to stash (I'll share when they arrive). 

Short Hours Quilt Stats
27" x 24.5"
Fabrics: Picnic & Fairgrounds by DS Quilts, Farmdale by Henry Alexander, and Kona Cotton in Snow by Robert Kauffman, oh yah, and one square of Pezzy in Red by American Jane
Scraps of Warm & Natural pieced together for the batting

This quilt is listed in my here in my Simply Mae Etsy Shop.  I just couldn't wait to share it with you.

love,
Lindsay


Other posts about this quilt: Projects

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say something...anything.