Pages

Friday, June 1, 2012

Swooning Picnic :: A Finished Quilt

Oh Yah!  This is a pretty fun looking quilt, don't you think?

Swooning Picnic Quilt Top

I just loved quilting this one.  I haven't hand quilted since the first quilt I made for my husband. 


I loved the peacefulness of sitting on the couch and using perlé cotton embroidery thread.  Honestly, I hadn't used it before and I got my inspiration from the wee pixie


Doesn't the rooster look even cuter all framed with the quilting?  I think so.  


Here is the backing, simply pieced with four large squares meeting in the middle (almost).


And because stripes just make the perfect binding, I couldn't resist. 

Swooning Picnic Quilt stats:
 80" x 80"
Pattern by Thimble Blossoms, aka Camille Roskelly, titled Swoon
Fabrics: DS Quilts for Fabric Traditions titled Picnic & Fairgrounds, Alexander Henry's Farmdale, Kona Cotton Snow
Perlé cotton in various colors
Warm & Natural Batting

*This quilt has been donated to a silent auction for a friend of mine.

 is now available in my SimplyMaeShop on Etsy. 

Lindsay



3 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful - love your handstitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous! lucky person who wins it in the auction!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this quilt with the ds fabric... Awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Say something...anything.