Pages

Saturday, June 30, 2012

Weekend Garden

Just  a quick update on my garden:

 
We've had a bunch of growth!  I'm so proud to say my garden has made it this far.  I haven't killed anything yet.  My corn, in the back, already has one ear on it.  The carrots are hiding in this picture, but I picked a few today.  I think I may have planted the cauliflower a bit late, although they are my biggest, there is no sign of veggies.  The beats should have been harvested already, but they are the size of marbles.  So, I've thinned them out and fertilized the garden in hopes for bigger beats and carrots.  The Spinach has been my strongest yet!  Ironic, right?  Pop-eye says spinach makes you strong, probably because its pretty hearty itself.  We are able to make at least one salad for 4 each week.  It just keeps growing back.  I love it.

Lots of green tomatoes on the vines, so in a few more weeks we'll be enjoying them too.

 

Here is my sweet little Sheriff Jack.  He is strutting his new cowboy hat and badge along with a stick horse I pulled from the attic.  It was mine when I was a little girl.  My Aunt made each of my sisters and I one.  Love the calico print on it.  I love sharing my childhood toys with my son, especially the handmade ones.  I don't like however that things from my childhood are now considered vintage.  That used to be what I called my mom's things.

We are headed to Baja for a week, and I've packed a few hand sewing projects to keep me somewhat productive on vacation.  I'm looking forward to listening to the waves in the morning when I wake and taking naps in the hammocks. 

FYI: my shop will be on vacation mode until, Tuesday, July 10. 

Have a Happy and Safe 4th of July!

Lindsay

1 comment:

  1. Your garden looks fantastic! We have had lots of tomatoes, but none to eat since the squirrels bastically pick them off a day or two before they start to turn red. This will probably be my last year growing tomatoes...

    ReplyDelete

Say something...anything.