Pages

Monday, September 23, 2013

Vintage Butterflies :: Two Finished Quilts

Today I finished binding my second Vintage Butterflies Quilt. Isn't she lovely?

I just love Christine Adolph's use of pastels with bright blues and pinks in her Vintage Butterflies line! This collection is truly dreamy.

I've listed this one in my Etsy Shop. You can see the listing here. Which reminds me, I forgot to share and add the first one to my shop. Ooops!
The first Vintage Butterflies Quilt I made using the fabulous Granny Square tutorial from Blue Elephant Stitches. Its such a cute pattern and so easy for using up stripes of fabric, which in this case I had pleanty of. I had already cut out my charm squares for the quilt at the top, but let the stack just sit because I was anxious to make the Granny Square quilt first. Funny how inspiration suddenly thwarts all current tasks.

I really enjoyed pieceing the Granny Square quilt. It has that traditioinal patchwork vibe, but on point. I added texture to this one using a pearl cotton to hand quilt around the outer boarder of each block. I love how it turned out.

My Vintage Butterflies Granny Square Quilt is also listed in my Etsy Shop, and you can find the listing here.

The Granny Square quilt pattern by any means isn't a new pattern. Actually its been around a while. I saw this one in A Treasury of Amish Quilts by Rachel & Kenneth Pellman. It's dated circa 1895 from Lancaster County, Penn. and titled as 'Multiple Patch in Bars'.

And this one from The Amish Quilt by Eve Wheatcroft Granick. Its dated circa 1920-30 also from Lancaster County Penn. and is titled in the book as 'Album Patch'.

I just love looking back at history and seeing how trends get reinvented and brought back to life, don't you?

Thanks for stopping by!

>>----Lindsay---->

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say something...anything.