Pages

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Flying Geese Quilt

I've completed my Flying Geese Quilt.  It's actually been finished since mid February, but I'm just now getting around to photographing it and posting about it.  


Isn't it divine?  I haven't free-motion quilted in 4 years because I almost always have tension problems.  Nothing has changed with the machine since then that I know of.  I really wanted to free motion this one.  So I tested the machine again and it was decent.  So I went for it.



The quilting is far from perfect, but I like it that way.  Although its size made it tough to manage it was more than I expected it to be as my second attempt in 4 years at FMQ(free motion quilting).  Of course the Denyse Schmidt figure eight loops were my inspiration.  She is such a trend setter.  I used a black Aurifil thread for the quilting and it was much smoother than the Coats and Clarks quilting thread I've been buying.  I just may be hooked on Aurifil now.   


Here it is all layed out (poor photo quality - sorry).  As you can see I added some boarders to add length.  We like long throw quilts in this house.  Must expand from husband's neck to over the his toes.  


It never looks like this.  Neatly folded that is.


More like this...as a fort.  Of course its my new favorite too.

Quilt Stats:
51" x 76"
Fabrics: Jelly Roll of Chicopee, and scraps from Greenfield Hill.
Both by Denyse Schmidt


You may barely notice my two new photos above the mantel.  They are new, and dreamy.  I'm finally at peace with my mantel set up.  I got them from here

Lindsay


No comments:

Post a Comment

Say something...anything.