Pages

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Quilt Top Complete

This quilt top is ever so adorable.  The moment I saw this pattern I thought, I love it!  And I couldn't believe it hadn't been done before.   Staring at it I tried to see if I could figure out the piecing, but realized those diagnols were too complicated.  Vanessa's pattern of V and Co., however is totally simple.  


The piecing went together very easily.  But I did spend quite a bit of wasted time with the seam ripper.  I have a love/hate relationship with the seam ripper.  On one hand it helps me correct my mistakes, on the other it takes a while to clip the threads and thus emphasizing my silly little mistake.  I had a whole row that I peiced incorrectly, which, had I been paying closer attention would not have done.  Oh well, moving on.

I used Kona Cotton Black, and Ash for the top piecing.
As mentioned in a previous post, I think my 1/4" pressure foot must not be accurate.  Not sure if I will be using it again.  My quilt top measures only 40" square when it's supposed to be 44".  A 4" difference!  Maybe I did some wrong measuring somewhere along the road? 

Hope to sandwich this baby quilt this weekend and begin quilting.  

xo,
Lindsay

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say something...anything.