Pages

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

WIP :: Wednesday

This is officially my first WIP (work in progress) post.  Not that I'm committing to posting every Wednesday.  Its just that I see a trend on other blogs of WIP Wednesday.  


   This pattern by V and Co. is extremely simple, but I have to admit, I was a little nervious sewing those skinny pieces.  I wasn't so sure how straight they'd turnout, even with my 1/4" pressure foot.  I love my 1/4" pressure foot, but I'm convinced its slightly off.  My striped squares are a tiny bit smaller than my solid squares.  The recommended use of starch is a MUST.  I haven't used it for piecing before, but now I know how important it is especially with this pattern.  I didn't exactly follow directions on spray starching prior to cutting the strips.  I spray starched after I had sewn the dark and light skinny strips together, just before cutting the diagonals.  My assumption is that starch is really needed when cutting diagonals.  Pressing the long strips accurately is also important.  A well pressed seam really determines square squares, if you know what I mean.   My anal perfectionism is being tested just a bit.  Still this quilt is gonna be cute!


Here is a little peek-a-boo of my sewing space.  Finally got my fabrics organized, although looking at this photo now,  it still looks a bit messy.  Oh well, thats just the way it is I guess.  This is only the top half of the bookcase.  

By the way, I've destashed a little, so the Simply Mae Shop has been updated.

Happy Wednesday!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Say something...anything.