Pages

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Montuky Bliss

Hi from North West Montana!  I am truly enjoying myself.  Thought I'd check in and share a bit about our trip so far.


My little farmer.  Had to get at least one good shot in his overalls.  It was a plus that my friends have baby goats.  He loves to feed them.

 My boys at the NW Montana Fair. 

Below are just a few of the amazing blue ribbon quilts I saw in the expo building.

This first quilt I only took a detail shot of because I was so amazed to see that the star is hand embroidered/crocheted.  Beautiful work! 

 A double wedding ring with diamonds.  Oh how I love this quilt. 

  Pinwheels and I think Irish Chain??? mix in reproduction prints.  My Favorite!

Sampler quilt with reproduction prints.  Also a favorite.  

If you are ever in the Flathead Valley area near Kalispell, you must stop in at Glacier Quilts.  I always score in this quilt shop.  They have a wide variety, and organize their store by color not by collection/designers.  Not a fan of the color organization, but luckly they have a section just for me of reprductions.  Lots of reprocdutions!  Last summer I bought a fat quarter bundle that I'm still using.  Here is my staff from this summer:
Guess my eyes were drawn towards blue.  Must have something to do with the aqua colored lakes around here.

Well, we are nearing the end of our vacation in Kalispell, MT.  Sad, I know.  I'm so not looking forward to post-vacation blues.  More to come... so check back soon.

XO,
Lindsay

1 comment:

  1. I like Glacier Quilts as well. You should also visit Big Fork Bay Cotton Company. The staff there is so nice! I go there twice a year to buy fabric (from Canada).

    ReplyDelete

Say something...anything.