Pages

Thursday, June 16, 2011

I'm a Farmer's Wife!

Well, I'm in.

thanks Monica for our button!
Although, I don't know what I've gotten myself into.  The letters from 1920s farm wives was enticing enough.  Then I started seeing the beautiful blocks the Quilt-a-long (QAL) group members were making.  And I had to join in the fun.  Thanks Angela & Amanda for starting the fire!  Today I made these two blocks.

Block #1 Attic Window
This block is made using 3 DS Quilts Hope Valley in Piney Woods prints and the grey one is Amy Butler's  Lacework in Grey.


Block # 55 Linolium
 Made with DS Quilts Hope Valley in Piney Woods(dark green),  Bliss by Bonnie & Camille for Moda Fresh in Lime(light green), Midwestern Modern II in Fresh Poppies Fuschia (fussy cutting out pink)


Wow!  That was tricky.  These blocks are 6" and those are not the smallest pieces I will be working with.  As you can see they are not quite perfect either.  This small piecing is gonna take some getting used to.  More to come next week!




3 comments:

  1. Yay! How fun! Love your blocks, especially your block 55. I might have to do that one next, it is so cute!

    Happy farm-alonging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you're participating in this quilt along! I did a block of the month for Farmer's Wife and would have quit a long time ago if I didn't have that dang bill to pay every month :D

    Angela is a quilt buddy of mine; she's really inspiring, isn't she?! Looking forward to seeing your quilt come together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super fun! I'm sure the tiny piecing will get easier with practice, at least I'm hoping it will! :)

    ReplyDelete

Say something...anything.