Pages

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Charming Chevron :: A Finished Quilt

Hi!!!  I'm back.  Well, actually I've been sewing away here, just haven't joined in blog land in a while.  Its been a nice break, but its time for some sharing...  

Here is the Charming Chevron quilt all finished up.


Its been finished for a while, but I waited to share it because I didn't want my niece to see it before I gave it to her.  Sunday was her golden birthday.  Have you ever heard of that?  Its when you turn the same age as the number of your birth-date.  In her case, she turned 23 on the 23rd.   

This quilt is just a small throw and I used 6" charms to complete it.  For the backing and binding I used the a turquoise flat sheet I had on hand and never used.  I think using flat sheets is a great way to back large quilts.  No piecing and it all one piece of cloth.  Sooo much easier.  


I created a tutorial to make this block.  You can see my tutorial here.  I opted to make all the blocks point the same direction rather than alternating them each row.  I like how it turned out.  And the recipient was in love with it.  So glad she was too!  

More sewing updates coming soon!

Lindsay

2 comments:

  1. LOVE your quilt! I, too, am fascinated with the Amish culture! My dream is to travel to Amish country one day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just followed your cute blog! Please come follow us back! Love this quilt!

    quackadoodlequilt.blogspot.com
    quackadoodlequilt@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete

Say something...anything.