Pages

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Back and Busy


We've hit the ground running.  San Felipe, Mexico was great!  It was the perfect little get away for me.  Beach, movies, friends, ahhh.  Upon return I set out to finish building my vegetable garden.  It turned out way cool!  I never thought I could build somthing like this all by myself.  Now for the hard part:  GROWING FOOD!

We are waiting for a storm to pass this weekend before planting seeds.  I think we might do a starter kit in egg cartons. 

I hope I can do it.  I mean, I usually kill every plant that enters my home.  Lord willing, I'll have a healthy garden.  Jack picked out 10 vegetables.  We'll see what ends up getting planted first.  He is a great little farmer.  As I said here I got the plans to build this from Better Homes & Gardens, but I found a second resource and find it much easier to follow.  To build a raised garden bed like mine visit Sunset Magazine tutorial.  It was missing one item on the materials list (bird netting) but that was a mear $5. 

I'll keep you posted on the progress.  

Again, gardening tips are welcome, so please spill your beans!

Lindsay

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say something...anything.