Pages

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Holly Hobbie Hope Chest

Okay, so you may have already read about my desire to have a baby girl and that I want to do a Holly Hobbie/prairie themed nursery (this is all of course just a dream). Well a few months ago this dream began with my mom moving and returning saved childhood items to me and my sisters. This cradle was first my sisters' then passed to me (now back to me). Although it has water damage, I love it and can't wait to see a little Miss Lloyd playing with it, one day;)
Well my dreams are growing, (as dreams sometimes do), I started a Holly Hobbie search on Etsy. Finding lots of treats, I was very tempted, but feel the need to wrangle my desire to hoard in hopes of a baby girl. (we aren't even trying yet) I held off buying anything. Then, my girlfriend and I went to the flea market first Sunday in May and I saw the lunch box...in nearly perfect condition.

The price was half what Etsy (out-of-this-world) prices are and...I got the vendor to come down another couple bucks. SCORE!
So, here I am admiring and dreaming on this rainy day.

What do you like to do on rainy days?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say something...anything.