Pages

Monday, August 5, 2013

Fun Filled Weekend

Phew! My weekend really began on Thursday last week. My sister and I drove into LA's Fashion District to shop for fabrics. Our goal was to gather fabrics for her photography studio. It was a success! She needed my textile know-how and I needed an excuse to visit the heartbeat of fabric. She thanked me for coming by purchasing this super cute vinyl for our family camping trip coming up. And I found these cute red & coral melamine dishes at Wal-Mart that match perfectly.

It'll be the cutest camping table ever! Thanks sister!

Check out that crazy hair! I look like I just walked off a 10 hour sweatshop shift. Ha! Hope I can tame the mane on our camping trip. Then again, it might keep the bears at bay.

Warning!!! This is a heavy picture post.

Friday was a melow day at home. I did however beigin Swooning again.

I was the most excited about this fabric combo. This one will probably be my favorite. Or I might say that everytime I make a block, we'll see.

Saturday, was super fun! I attended the International Quilt Festival in Long Beach. Sadly it is the last time the festival will be held here. But I'm so blessed I got to go. Here is the loot I picked up for a steal.

Some Anna Maria Horner prints and the Hex N Moree by Jay Bird Quilts. I went with my mother-in-law and it was a pleasure to walk about the gallery with her. We were on a mission to be inspired for a guest room quilt. We took lots of pictures. I can't wait to see what design she decides on. Here are just a few of my favorites.

See a modern theme?

And on Sunday we went to XGames.

Here are my boys in their happy place.

I'm sure you can imagine I'm looking forward to a slow week ;)

<3 Lindsay

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say something...anything.